December 7, 1941, “a day which will live in infamy,” changed everything the United States believed about its security in the Pacific, resulting in the US and Japan becoming engulfed in years of gruesome fighting.
Over 285,000 US soldiers fought in the Pacific and thousands of them were Iowans. Through their stories came the beauty and horror of the Pacific Theater and what it took to win the war against Japan.
- Gallagher Family Foundation
- Hovey Brom, WWII Veteran
- American Legion of Iowa Foundation
- Dave Greene, WWII Veteran
- Robert J. Hibbs Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 3896, Cedar Falls
- Bob and Liz Beecher Petersen
- Evan "Curly" Hultman, WWII Veteran
Purchase a replica WWII Medal of Honor for a WWII Veteran in your life. Medals will be displayed for the duration of the exhibit.