Prepare for an exciting journey experiencing living history, learning about simple machines, getting up close and personal with scientific concepts, discussing the rich history of immigration and mirgration in the area. All programs are aligned to the Iowa Core.
School Tour Resources
For school tour or middle/high school field trip options, please contact Carrsan Morrissey.
Teacher's Informational Packet
Teacher Evaluation Form
Non-School Youth Group Tours
Must be a group of 15 or more. Special group rates are available for other youth groups not affiliated with a school (i.e.: Scouts, YMCA, daycare, clubs). Tours available during regular museum hours: Tuesday - Saturday, 9am - 5pm. Prices are per museum site.
Children (Pre-school - Twelfth Grade)
- $4.00 per child per program
- Preschool - First Grade programs: 30 Minutes
- Second - Twelfth Grade programs: 45 minutes
- Minimum group of 15 required
- One adult required for every 8 children
- Reservation must be made at least two weeks prior to tour
- Reservations are booked on a first-come, first-served basis
- Dates cannot be "held"
- Family memberships are not allowed in place of student cost
- Adults/chaperones are allowed to use their membership
- Tours at the Grout Museum, Iowa Veterans Museum and Russell House are available Tuesday-Friday
- Tours at the Imaginarium are available Wednesday-Friday
Please have the following information ready:
- Museum programs to be reserved
- Date and time of arrival (have alternate dates)
- Name of group
- Complete mailing address and telephone number
- Age and number of visitors
- Special needs (disabilities, hearing/sight impaired)
Call 319-234-6357, Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
One adult is required for every 8 children and will be admitted free. All bus drivers will also receive free admission. Additional adults will be charged the child rate depending upon program(s) selected.
How to Make a Reservation
Prior to Your Trip
- You will receive a confirmation packet detailing costs, maps and parking
- Make a copy of the map and parking instructions for the bus driver. Bring the
- confirmation sheet to front desk upon arrival
- Have one check for the entire amount. Teacher will be reimbursed for any absences
- Make check payable to Grout Museum District
- Check confirmation form to confirm in which building the tour will start
- Designate a chaperone for each group of 8 children. That chaperone must stay with those 8 children at all times